It’s pretty evident that the police are not interested in arresting innocent pot smokers – the results of this Official Information Act request from 2012 show that only 8 people were convicted of smoking cannabis.
I hereby declare cannabis decriminalised!
High res PDF of this poster:
Original PDF of OIA Request:
Just thought I’d carry the story as well…
Come to J Day, an international day celebrating our cannabis culture and a protest against the failed War on Drugs.
All events are free, starting at High Noon and run to 4:20pm or so.
- Auckland – Albert Park. Features music and speakers, on the mighty JAFA Mafia sound system, plus market stalls and information booths.
- Hamilton – Riff Raff Statue, Victoria St
- Tauranga – Yatton Park
- Whakatane – Historic Reserve
- Taupo – The Black Shed, 10 Miro St.
- Hastings – ANZAC Memorial, by the Library
- New Plymouth – Bowl of Brooklands
- Wellington – Frank Kitts Park
- Christchurch – Cathedral Sq then ‘roll and stroll’ to Latimer Sq
- Dunedin – The Octagon
About J Day:
Are you one of NZ’s half-million pot smokers, or do you know one of them? Most Kiwis support cannabis law reform. It’s time to demand change! J Day is a celebration/protest – held every year since 1992 – in support of NORML’s three campaign goals:
- A health issue, not a crime: Cannabis consumers and producers should not be criminals. Concentrate resources on problematic abuse. Let the police focus on crime that matters.
- Safe legal access to medical cannabis: Medicinal cannabis is allowed in 23 states in the USA, Israel, Netherlands, Spain, Canada etc. Why not here?
- Regulate cannabis, the safer choice: Low-risk drugs like cannabis should be regulated via an adults-only, taxable market similar to that in 5 US states, Uruguay and the Netherlands, or the way alcohol is regulated here. There would be no market for synthetic alternatives if natural cannabis were legal.
How you can help:
- Come to J Day a celebration of cannabis culture with free events nationwide. Dress to impress. R18.
- Promote our 3 key campaign themes (above)
- Write or visit your MP – it does make a difference
- Like us on facebook (normlnz) and follow us on twitter (normlnz)
- Donate to NORML NZ Inc: 12-3057-0594667-00
- Contact us at [email protected]
Note: J Day is R18, for adults only. No alcohol. No glass. No dogs. Please take your rubbish with you.
Download a PDF copy of the latest Legalise NZ poster! This version is the “Sell weed not SOEs” version for 2013, and is based on a poster seen during the march against the sale of state owned enterprises recently. I’ve also used a fantastic Albert Einstein quote.
“The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this.” – Albert Einstein quote on Hemp
Backup mirror of this image is at: http://images.onlineparalegalprograms.com.s3.amazonaws.com/going-green.jpg
This website was actually created primarily as a place to disseminate copies of a poster that I am working on. I want to do a large A0 size poster run in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch using this official release version 1.0
It’s high time to
Nice people take drugs too
Criminalising society reduces our GDP
Won’t need new prisons & save $60M/yr
Free up police and justice system to focus on actual crime
Helps bring trust back to the police force (and raise morale)
Cannabis Industry will stimulate Job Growth!
Foster pot-tourism to add billions to tourism market
Effective treatment for Glaucoma and Multiple sclerosis
Cannabis scientifically proven to reduce lung cancer!
God made weed, man made Alcohol – who do you trust?
Half of all Kiwis are criminals… because 52% have tried pot
Prohibition provides lucrative revenue stream to gangs
Pot seeds are a great source of nutrients
Hemp excellent in-demand quality fibre
Pot enriches soil by fixing nitrogen
Emerging Clinical Applications for Cannabis & Cannabinoids: A review of the recent scientific literature in 2009, reviews nearly 200 scientific trials assessing the therapeutic utility of cannabinoids for the treatment of nineteen clinical indications: Alzheimer’s disease, ALS, chronic pain, diabetes mellitus, dystonia, fibromyalgia, gastrointestinal disorders, gliomas, hepatitis C, HIV, hypertension, incontinence, MRSA, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, sleep apnoea, and Tourette’s syndrome.
Also See: Endocannabinoids: The Brain and Body’s Marijuana and Beyond (Hardcover)
Cannabis more likely to cure cancer than cause it:
2009: Cannabinoid action induces autophagy-mediated cell death through stimulation of ER stress in human glioma cells, by Guillermo Velasco, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain.
2009: Cannabinoid action induces autophagy-mediated cell death through stimulation of ER stress in human glioma cells, by Salazar et al. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 2009; DOI: 10.1172/JCI37948.
1975: THC Shrinks Tumours, by Munsen A.E et al. J Nat Cancer Inst, Vol 55, No. 3, Sept 1975.