Download The VM Image for Mac/PC
- EITHER Torrent (should be faster): Wickr Desktop AndroVM Torrent
- OR Direct Http Download (easier): Wickr Desktop AndroVM HTTP Download
Community Google Account
If you wish, this distro comes with a Google account pre-loaded below. I’m not 100% sure if it’s allowed to share a Google account, so that would be “the obvious reason” this is an image. I guess like a Warrant Canary (see this article about Apple’s Warrant Canary), if this image disappears then you know Google got in touch to ask me to remove it: (more likely will just terminate the account – created purely using Tor Net)
Download the App for iOS/Android Phones
Wickr Top Secret Messenger is a great app that provides bulletproof military grade privacy for your communications. Mobile versions can be found for iOS and Android:
Wickr does not currently have any native desktop app versions for Mac OS X or Windows. If you think about the philosophy behind it, then it’s understandable why this mite be: it would be easier to break the security model on a PC than a smartphone, since it is easier to get to “root” on a PC or Mac, and the tools for looking at live memory are better. However it would be great to be able to type quickly and access a large fast network of files in a more ergonomic way.
The Wickr Desktop Client Installation Instructions
…or at least my kludge for it.
Since there isn’t a native PC Wickr Desktop Client yet *I made one myself* from off the shelf parts:
- One Intel x86 based computer running Windows or Mac OS
- Install Virtualbox https://www.virtualbox.org/ on it
- If you don’t have it get your a copy of Bittorrent: http://www.bittorrent.com/downloads/
- Download this Torrent File: http://www.legalise.org.nz/downloads/Wickr-Desktop-Client.torrent (Torrent for the VM Boot Disk)
- Install the contents of the torrent into Virtualbox – it’s a pre made Android Phone style virtual machine with Wickr desktop installed
I couldn’t get Tor to run but it would be smart:
Bittorrent address: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FC3755991425A3AE1F67207A5EA8C1A06B69B002&dn=Desktop-Wickr-Client-Android-4.1.1-LegaliseNZ&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.prq.to%2fannounce
- If you can’t unlock the screen try sending the VM an ACPI Shutdown – same as pressing power button.
- Clean Install – this is not the regular Android-X86 – this is the awesome AndroVM. The clean install is here: http://androvm.org/
- To make it easier to type using your computer, install a Remote Keyboard https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.onyxbits.remotekeyboard Note that this uses Telnet to connect!
…and remember STAY SAFE PEOPLE!!
THIS ANDROVM DISTRIBUTION WAS AIMED AT HELPING NOOBS STAY SAFE FROM TYRANICAL GOVERNMENTS THAT SEEK TO IMPRISON AND PUNISH TO EXTENTS YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE FOR NOTHING MORE THAN THE ACT OF BURNING A DRIED FLOWER THAT GROWS NATURALLY.