military grade encryption
Download the App for iOS/Android Phones
Wickr Top Secret Messenger is a great app that provides bulletproof military grade privacy for your communications. Mobile versions can be found for iOS and Android:
Wickr does not currently have any native desktop app versions for Mac OS X or Windows. If you think about the philosophy behind it, then it’s understandable why this mite be: it would be easier to break the security model on a PC than a smartphone, since it is easier to get to “root” on a PC or Mac, and the tools for looking at live memory are better. However it would be great to be able to type quickly and access a large fast network of files in a more ergonomic way.
Mac / PC Wickr Desktop Client
Since there isn’t a native PC Wickr Desktop Client yet *I made one myself* from off the shelf parts:
- One Intel x86 based computer running Windows or Mac OS
- Install Virtualbox https://www.virtualbox.org/ on it
- Download the 660 MB zip image either this direct link or via this torrent file (same file)
- Unpack the .zip, and double click on the .ova file if Vbox is already installed or go File… Import Appliance from inside VirtualBox
- Click “Start” to start the virtual machine
- Try running Wickr after it boots up!
This is a 660 MB Virtualbox .ova format image based on AndroVM with Wickr pre-installed.
Community Google Account
If you wish, this distro comes with a Google account pre-loaded below. I’m not 100% sure if it’s allowed to share a Google account, so that would be “the obvious reason” this is an image. I guess like a Warrant Canary (see this article about Apple’s Warrant Canary), if this image disappears then you know Google got in touch to ask me to remove it: (more likely will just terminate the account – created purely using Tor Net)
I couldn’t get Tor to run but it would be smart:
Bittorrent address: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FC3755991425A3AE1F67207A5EA8C1A06B69B002&dn=Desktop-Wickr-Client-Android-4.1.1-LegaliseNZ&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.prq.to%2fannounce
- If you can’t unlock the screen try sending the VM an ACPI Shutdown – same as pressing power button.
- Clean Install – this is not the regular Android-X86 – this is the awesome AndroVM. The clean install is here: http://androvm.org/
- To make it easier to type using your computer, install a Remote Keyboard https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.onyxbits.remotekeyboard Note that this uses Telnet to connect!
…and remember STAY SAFE PEOPLE!!
THIS ANDROVM DISTRIBUTION WAS AIMED AT HELPING NOOBS STAY SAFE FROM TYRANICAL GOVERNMENTS THAT SEEK TO IMPRISON AND PUNISH TO EXTENTS YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE FOR NOTHING MORE THAN THE ACT OF BURNING A DRIED FLOWER THAT GROWS NATURALLY.